29 December, 2008

Yoga

Although I didn't want to start until the new year with my YOGA resolution, I just couldn't stop myself... okay, okay, actually my neck and my back were killing me, because I fell asleep the other night, when we came back from Chicago, where we watched "The Jersey Boys" (highly recommendable, by the way!!) and one of my favorite steak houses in the city "Zed451" (and, YES, I do not eat any meat, but their FISH is awesome as well! And their jalapeno bread with the red pepper butter - dilicious!)... wait... where was I going with that...? Anyway, I'll go again tonight, because I just got an email from my favorite yoga teacher of all times, telling me that there will be a special class tonight:

If you want to know the past, to know what has caused you, look at yourself in the present, for that is the past's effect. If you want to know your future, then look at yourself in the present, for that is the cause of the future.
-Majjhima Nikaya


Dear Monday Night Basics Students,

Tonight is the last Monday of the year! I know it's hard to believe!

It seems then only appropriate that we dedicate tonight's 7:30pm Basics practice to reflecting on this past year, taking its lessons and aligning our hearts with our best intentions for the new year. The class will be deeply introspective and sweet. If you were looking for some quiet solitude in order to recharge from the busyness of the past month or just an opportunity to really think about what you've accomplished this past year and what you want to set as meaningful goals for 2009 then this is the class for you!

I hope you can make time to join me tonight.

Sending you healing thoughts, hopes for all your dreams to take form and the courage to make your wishes come true!
Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment